|Greyhound Bridge closes on 29th January for six months.|
The closure of Greyhound Bridge in Lancaster from 29th January for at least six months will result in new timetables for ALL the city's bus services.
With less than a fortnight to go these new times are still not available on-line or in print, but the information is there, buried within Stagecoach's website. This makes it possible to check on how the new timetables will affect your journey. Here's how to do it on-line:
1. Go to www.stagecoachbus.com
2. Make sure the Location tab (top centre) is set to "Lancaster"
3. Click on Plan a Journey
4. Fill in the starting and finishing points of your journey and your departure time and set the date to after 29th January 2018
5. This will give you a journey plan that will apply when the new timetables are in place.
In the example on this link you can see that a journey from Lancaster University to Heysham, which can normally be made on a through bus (service 2 or 2A) will need a change at Lancaster Bus Station because during the bridge closure there will be no (or at least very few) through buses between south Lancaster and Morecambe.
6. But don't be tempted to follow any more links. From the results page it looks as if it might be possible to reach a full timetable for the new services, but it isn't - and clicking on the new service number just takes you to a copy of the current (pre- 29th January) timetables!
We will post links to the new timetables as soon as they become available.